Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{RECIPE: Gooey Butter Cookies}

Hi friends! I'm sharing a tasty treat with you today!

This is one of my go to cookie recipes and it couldn't be easier! I like recipes that are super simple with very few ingredients. Ain't nobody got time to measure out a million different random ingredients. These have 4 ingredients. You're welcome.

Gooey Butter Cookies:
1 stick of butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg
8oz. block cream cheese, room temp
1 box of your favorite cake mix {we like the funfetti mix with these cookies, but your favorite mix will be great too}
*optional powdered sugar for dipping

Directions:
Beat butter, vanilla, egg, and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Mix in dry cake mix. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Preheat over to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment {because who has time to wash a cookie sheet?}. I use a cookie scoop and drop them onto the cookie sheet as is. Using this method, I get 24 cookies. Optional method: You can drop them by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar and roll into balls. Then place on the cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Yields 2-3 dozen cookies depending on how big you make them.

They come out light and fluffy and cakey and AMAZINGLY delicious. 

Enjoy friends!

Elizabeth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I am a funfetti fan so I know I would LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...