Thursday, January 12, 2012

{crafting} hat display

Hey there :) As you know, I have been making crochet hats like a crazy lady! They have been a little tricky to photograph so I knew I needed head that was not mine to take better photos.

 I looked everywhere close to find a Styrofoam head...JoAnn's, Michael's, Tall Mouse. Nothing. Ugh. A quick google search lead me to Hobby Lobby which apparently has everything. They just put one in about 45 minutes away, so to get the supplies for my "head" I needed to take a field trip. Oh. My. Word.

That place is AMAZING. For those who have never been to one here's how I will describe it. It's like a full sized Home Goods WITH a Michael's and then a touch of JoAnn's, and a touch of Party City. It's a magical place. AND they had what I needed!


 I may have gotten a little fabric too...
Then I needed to decide what to do with the head. I figured I would Mod Podge it and I've been dying to "book page" something so I thought..."hey, I'll book page the head!" 


I found an old poetry book from my college days and went to town!



I painted the base a pretty aqua too. So what do you think!? She's kinda creepy huh? I think I'll name her Paige. Ha! Get it? I'm funny sometimes. She's much less creepy when she is wearing one of my super cute hats :)


I am not an expert Mod Podger by any means. I followed this tutorial at Crafted Love
Happy Thursday everyone!



12 comments:

  1. Love the creativitiy of this!!! Awesome idea! And I sooooo wish we had a Hobby Lobby in our area. Not even one that I could get to with out taking a plane ride. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats are of course darling, but I absolutely love the paper mod podged onto the head. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Paige! Good idea, great name for her. Your hats are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the hats are so cute and I love the book pages on her, makes them pop even more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha! I like Paige!! She's the perfect model for your hats!:)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Blue Eyed Owl blog link up - love your blog, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Won't you consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/01/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-7.html ?

    Hugs,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hat! I'm having a linky party, and would love it if you joined! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing last week on Thingamajig Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!

    Alida
    radcrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea! And I LOVE your hats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the papered head. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous! We don't have a hobby lobby anywhere near here. Closest one is 90 miles away! Eek! I will have to keep my eye out thrift shopping maybe...hopefully! I really need a hat display and this looks like the perfect one to make!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...